We posted on our Facebook page:
Undimere Noxy Fletcher posted this picture and said: “Since you posted the poison ivy, I’d like to suggest this poisonous plant as the next discussion. It grows throughout Utah, and my front yard is LOADED with this vine-like plant.”
Some comments we received:
Comment #1: Bittersweet nightshade grows all along my fences, front and back yards. It will completely take over if you don’t uproot/kill it. It’s not as toxic as regular nightshade and has a strong unpleasant smell that deters animals , birds & people from eating the berries, so it rarely ‘poisons’ anyone.
Comment #2: My daughter picked some of that along with a fist full of wood sorrel. Without looking at what she handed me, I just ate it. Wow I was sick. I had been dosing myself with it for a long time, so I had a resistance, otherwise I would probably have been taking a permanent dirt nap.